Invisalign® Info Treatments in Lakewood Colorado
We are a Certified Invisalign Provider
Consider Invisalign treatment to get the beautiful straight teeth you've always wanted — without braces. With Invisalign, a new technology is developed in orthodontics and one of the alternative way to straighten teeth without causing any pain. A complimentary consultation with our doctor can determine if Invisalign clear aligners are right for you.
What does Invisalign means?
Invisalign treatment uses a series of virtually invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that allow you to smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign clear aligners are made with 3D computer imaging technology and have been proven effective. More than 70% of orthodontists in the US and Canada are certified to administer Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign is plastic aligners and easily shifts the teeth to its correct position by wearing series of custom made aligners.
Why would I want it?
Not only are the aligners virtually invisible, they are removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment. Plus, brushing and flossing are no problems. They are also more comfortable than traditional braces, with no metal or wires, which also usually mean you spend less time in your doctor's office getting adjustments. Invisalign treatment also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
How does it work?
You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move — little by little, week by week — until they have straightened to their final positions. You'll visit us about once every six weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages nine to 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
For more information on Invisalign treatment, Consult our Invisalign dentist Dr.Tamara J. Herremans D.D.S
Most Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of Invisalign Aligners?
There are a number of significant benefits of Invisalign aligners, some of them are:
- It improves appearance and smile
- Comfortable and Convenience to wear
- Very safe to use and clean
- Does not cause any pain
- Easy to remove and wear
- Consumes less time for the treatment compared to traditional orthodontics
- Clear, Straight and beautiful teeth
- Improves overall oral health
- There is no restriction to eat food. Only it should be removed white eating food or having drinks.
- No Embarrassment compared to dental braces
There are many more benefits of using Invisalign, if you looking for straight and clear teeth then consult our Dr. Tamara J. Herremans D.D.S at Lakewood Colorado by scheduling an appointment
2. How long should I wear Invisalign and when should I replace it?
It is estimated to wear clear aligners around 22 hours daily to get perfect shape of the teeth. Each aligner should be replaced every 2-3 weeks because it depends on the structure of teeth to get effective dental results.
Note: To ensure good shape of teeth, you should remove your aligners only while brushing your teeth and eating food.
3. Can I wear aligners while having food or drinks?
No, while eating foods or drinks please remove your Invisalign aligners. Otherwise, it would get damage Invisalign, discolored and difficult to straighten your teeth. After eating food, rinse your mouth well and wear back the aligners. This would help the dentist to align the teeth faster and easier way.
4. How long the treatment takes?
The Invisalign treatment may usually take less than 1 hour. But, to get teeth straighten it would take around 12-15 months. You should wear series of different aligners every 2 weeks to get perfect shape the teeth structure.
5. Can I wear Invisalign aligners while sleeping?
Yes, you can have aligners even while sleeping because it is mandatory to wear around 22 hours of Invisalign aligners every single day except while eating foods or having some beverages.
To know more about Invisalign, Call our Invisalign dentist Dr. Tamara J. Herremans D.D.S (303) 984-1400 at Lakewood Colorado and schedule an appointment.
6. What are the steps to care Invisalign?
Here are the few steps to care of Invisalign:
- Buy a Invisalign cleaning kit to clean your aligners
- Use lukewarm water for cleaning
- Remove aligners white eating or drinking otherwise it can damage the Invisalign
- While playing sports remove your aligners and wear protective mouth guard
- Before going to bed clean you aligners and wear them for at least 22 hours a day
- Replace new set of aligners every two weeks for better oral health and straight teeth
- Keep it in dry or cool place for effective solution